It's really amazing to hear what had happened in Sulawesi, Indonesia from CBN News. And funny is that news like that never gained any attention of the headlines or even mentioned in the main stream newspaper. This made me wonder, is it because of media attention merely focus on persecution and mass killing rather than paying attention or effort to reconciliation? Or is it the source of the news that the Christian world sees is seen as valueless in the eyes of the public?
When we were celebrating the fact that Qatar began the first open Christian service during Easter this year, we almost neglected the same time last year, three members in the body of Christ were massacred in Matlaya, Turkey, a place where freedom of religion is given and proclaimed. The news was only recorded in AsiaNews, TurkeyDailyNews, JihadWatch, and more in the PersecutedChurchWeblog.
It's very difficult in writing this passage, I do not intend to go deep on this but to bring out an observation that I think which had been a pattern of how public voices was shaped.
Whatever it is, good news or bad news, we should always stand guard and pray as much. As I was in Dumai last year, it's a place with Christians-Muslims 50/50. I had witnessed how people were being brought to Christ by the touch of the Lord in their lives through healing and conviction. I had also seen sacrificing love of the Christians towards people and children had won souls over. Yet the undercurrent should not be taken lightly.
One verse that we can sing in this situation perhaps is, "The Lord is on my ship!" Yet we also need to realize that God does permit sacrifice. He had not spared his own son, and many who carry the cross would have to lose their lives. But the reward in the Kingdom is handsome.
I apologize if I confuse you. Click on the highlighted part, to gain more news/insights about the situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment